Why you should have or learn how to build a mobile friendly website
The average person stares at his/her phone 150 times per day. That is about once every 6.4 minutes of every hour that average person is awake. To a savvy webmaster this is an important statistics of potential customers you can build websites for. Also today's mobile phone obssession has become very effective and definitely a must have, moreso the mobile phones are faster way to reach consumers than other digital forms of communications
So why should you hop on to making mobile friendly websites?
1. Consumers are using their mobile devices to access the internet more than ever before and it is expected to grow at astonishing rates over the next few years. If you are not positioned to building mobile websites you are simply missing a lot.
2. There are approximately 4 BILLION mobile subcribers worldwide. This means that you can target pretty much anyone using mobile devices.
3. Most mobile device users keep their phone within arm's reach over 90 percent of the time.
4. In 2009, approximately half a BILLION people went online using their mobile device. This number is expected to double within the next 5 years.
5. By 2014, mobile internet usage is expected to exceed desktop internet usage. This means more potnetial customers for you, so I advise you get in now if you want to beat competition.
6. According to Facebook official statstics from january 2011, more that 200 million users (out of over 600 million Facebook users) access Facebook using their mobile devices; also mobil Facebook users are twice as active as non-mobile users.
Take another look at these facts:
1. 45% of smartphones owners abandoned the sales process because the traditional website would not load on their phone.
2. An additional 38% left the site because it was not developed specifically for smartphone users and was too hard to use.
3. Another 8% of smartphone owners that tried to purchase a product on their device were unable to do so for unspecified reasons.
These above facts indicate the serious need for mobile friend websites website builders.
With this popularity of mobile phone devices, it is obvious there would be a need for your services. I want you to know most Nigerian businesses do not currently have mobile friendly websites, meaning you got lots of virgin lands to explore and build sites for.
So what makes the traditional websites different from the mobile friendly websites?. Traditional websites are built to be viewed on a computer screen instead of a small mobile phone screen. So viewing a traditional website that has not been 'mobilized' on a mobile phone is almost impossible. You have to scroll all over the place just to find the information you're looking for due to the limited space.
Infact, some, if mot most "non-mobilized" websites don't even load at all on mobile devices.
It is also pertinent to note that mobile ebsite can drastically increase the number of potential customers who are exposed to your business. Recent research shos that digital media and technology is expected to grow at even faster rates in the next few years.
One of the main forms of digital growth being seen today is mobile device usage. Everyone uses their mobile phones every single day - several times per day, but mobile phones are no longer just for making phone calls. Infact, people are spending more time surfing the web via their website devices today than ever before.
You will notice that while on the go, people tend to look for business information right from their mobile devices. This means they are looking for mobile websites. Unfortunately, most business do not have a mobile friendly website yet. Infact many of them are not even aware that their websites are almost impossible to view on most mobile devices.
Putting mobile into focus, e see facebook with 88m million unique visitors every month. Twitter has 160 million per month and Youtube has 800 million. In the US, over 25% of people use mobile only to cruise the Net. In China, the number is greater at about 38%. Catering to these mobile users is becoming more imperative.
By 2013, more people ill use their mobile phones than their PCs to get online. Form these statistics, it becomes evident that your customers are already mobile. Are you?
Can you start to see ho companies are missing out on some serious business by not having mobile friendly website? and why they need you to do one for them.
Reasons why businesses need mobile friendly website
Portability and Accessibility
Compared to a desktop or laptop, mobile phones can be taken anywhere people go at anytime of the day or night. Infact, most people keep their mobile phones within reach at all times. Not only that, more people are using them more than ever before to surf the web. If you want to get notices easily and maintain the proper mobile presence, a mobile website is the perfect place to start.
Most smart phones today are equipped with applications that assist in convenient online search resources such as Google and Yahoo!. Your bsuiness can easily be found hen people search for products or services such as yours from their mobile devices. However, that visibility is useless if they click to get to your website and can't find the information they need because your website won't display properly on their phone.
Mobilizating your website is the perfect way to help your local customers find you. Mobile websites have to be smaller than traditional websites, which means you have to limit the amount of content yo put on them. So it's important to only put the information your visitors need while visiting your website from thei mobile devices. Most peopleon the go are looking for your phone number, direction to your company or your services list. So make sure these things are readily available and easily accessible on youe mobile website.
Lets consider the audience growth rate of the mobile
The sheer size of the potential audience for the mobile web is staggering. Selling the first billion mobile phones took 20 years, the next billion sold in 4 years, and the third billion sold in only 2 years. The next billion will be sold in a year, so that by 2011, more people on earth will have mobile phones than those who don't. Most of these last billion mobile phones will be bought by people living in rural areas of developing countries, people for whom the larger world is absolutely life changing.
Already, sites like ESPN.com on DSTV receive more traffic to their wwebsite from mobile phones than they do from computers.
I would be giving you a simple script code that my 9 year daughter can use to detect who is visitng your website. If it is a mobile device visits your website this script would redirect them to your mobile friendly website and allow other visitors to visit your traditional website.
P.C. Controllers Ltd
An indelible touch, excellent results always
Since March 1992
Call our hot lines
Would like to hear from you, please fill the form below and we would get back to you